"Sometimes you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read that book." - The Fault In Our Stars
I really want to buy pretty hardcover books, but I also really want to buy twice as many paperbacks for the same price.
#the struggle is real
The descendants of the last Maharaja of the Sikh Empire, who was forced to hand over the Koh-i-Noor diamond to Queen Victoria, will on Monday launch a court action for his body and possessions to be returned to India
The jewel is currently mounted in the crown of the Queen Consort, last worn by the late Queen Mother.
The family is also seeking the return of Maharaja Ranjit Singh’s golden throne and for both to be kept at the Golden Temple, the centre of the Sikh faith, in Amrtisar, India.
Their case reopens a controversial chapter in British colonial history that still arouses strong passions in India, particularly in Punjab, where Sikhs regard the exile of Duleep Singh and his “gift” of the Koh-i-Noor diamond to Queen Victoria in 1850 as a national humiliation.
"Our property was confiscated by British rule. This letter establishes us as the rightful heirs of Duleep Singh and we want to get back his remains and his other belongings to the Golden Temple," Jaswinder Singh Sandhanwalia told The Daily Telegraph on Sunday.
More power to the Singh family for taking back what belongs to them. Kicking imperialism and colonialism’s collective rear end with Indian might and right.
Harry Potter + Soundtrack
the two main reasons i like pairings with height differences
- the shorter of the two pulling the taller down into a kiss
- the taller of the two lifting the shorter to kiss them
So. The Weasleys.
- Charlie is still unmarried but completely happy and still working as a dragon handler.
- George runs a successful joke shop in Diagon Alley with the help of his younger brother, Ron, and is-in Rita Skeeter’s own words-wealthy.
- Percy is head of the Department of Magical Transportation
- Bill is happily married to Fleur (who is still very beautiful, by the way)
- Ginny is raising her children alongside Harry while covering Quidditch for the Daily Prophet
- SUCCESSFUL, HAPPY WEASLEYS.
GOT SEASON 4 CHALLENGE
day 7 - favourite main character in season 4 // cersei lannister
half the harry potter fandom right now: what’s my pottermore password again?
So this is all pretty much made up in my own head, please set no store by it whatosever:
- We know Oliver Wood went on to play for Puddlemere United. I feel like he wouldn’t invest himself in a relationship until later on in life; his quidditch career comes first.
- Ernie was really academic and did well in Potions so I think it’d be cool if he came to Hogwarts as the Potions professor once Slughorn retires (again). He would marry an unnamed witch.
- Justin Finch-Fletchy was kind of smug and show-offy, he’d be a writer for the Prophet. And since I refuse to believe Lavender died (even though my gut says she probably did), they marry each other and spend the rest of their lives stroking each other’s egos. They have a daughter. She’s 2.
- Seamus and Dean live together, and they both edit and publish a wizarding magazine about quidditch, which Dean does they layout and art for. Neither are married or dating seriously, though they do frequent the pubs and chat up girls. They’re not ready to settle down yet. 34 is young, man, they have their whole lives.
- Parvati and Padma work at the Minstry. Parvati is the Senior Undersecretary to the Minister of Magic (which is still Shacklebolt) and Padma is an Unspeakable. Both are engaged to fellow Ministry workers, though no one they went to school with.
- Susan Bones and Dean Thomas dated after the war but went their separate ways after their careers took off. Susan works in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement under Hermione. She married Terry Boot and they have two kids, both boys.
- Michael Corner married a reformed Pansy Parkinson and they both co-own a robes shop in Diagon Alley and are well-to-do because of it. No kids, though. Pansy’s not into kids.
If you think about it, Harry is one of the most amazing characters in the entire series, and he’s never given enough credit (strange, isn’t it, given that the entire series is about him).
- He forgave Snape and Dumbledore. I don’t know how he found it in himself to do this, because both of them treated him like shit, and didn’t really deserve his forgiveness.
- His attitude towards Pettigrew is incredible. You never find Harry as furious with Pettigrew as you think he should be. You never find him thinking about him with hatred, although he fully deserves it. Harry despises Bellatrix. He knows the difference between someone like Bellatrix and someone like Peter.
- He tries to pull Peter’s metal hand away from his throat for god’s sake.This is the man that betrayed his parents and was now working for a wizard who wants to murder him.
- He uses ‘expelliarmus’ on a death eater trying to kill him because he didn’t want to knock him off his broom.
- He even manages to find some sympathy for Voldemort. Dumbledore himself is surprised by that.
- He returns the elder wand.
- He is the one who decides to go back for Malfoy when they’re stuck in the burning room of requirement.
- He feels sorry for Malfoy when he sees to what use he’s being put by Voldemort.
And yet he doesn’t come off as an insufferable do-gooder. Rowling makes him so real. He’s jealous of Cedric and of Dean, he has blow ups with Ron, he frequently behaves like a typical obstinate teenager, he laughs at Fred and George’s jokes, he finds Hermione exasperating at times. He is the perfect hero. Moral and ethical, but not so much so that he seems like something out of a Morality Play from Medieval times.
He’s human-a flawed one, but a good one, and that’s what brings him to life, and makes us feel so fond of him.
I’m a big fan of the wonderful blog whereiseefashion and was inspired to do some of my own matches for Indian fashion.
[fake movie] → SONAKSHI SINHA x RANBIR KAPOOR
Mitali stumbles upon a mysterious photograph of a handsome young man. She is intrigued as she cannot stop looking at it and wishes to know the identity of this person. After waking up one morning, she finds herself transported in 1970s Darjeeling, in the same university as the boy from the photograph! She discovers he was an aspiring political student and gets to know him. Mitali slowly starts falling in love with this sincere yet passionate young man and unknowingly is the sole witness to his murder…
Can we just imagine that Harry, Ron, and Hermione are all used to Rita’s shit at this point that they’re amused by it all. So when ever they find another one of her articles about them, they have a drinking game where they all get together and read the article out loud.
"Alright, she’s called me The Chosen One twice now. That’s two shots for me."
"Ooh, look! She’s still using the TriWizard Tournament. Shots all around. Still holding on to the femme fatale theory, I don’t think she’s ever going to let that go. At least she’s left Hugo and Rose out of it this time.”
"She’d be a nutter not to Hermione, not after that Howler you sent her the last time. Either way, do I get a shot for every family member or just me? Because If I have to drink for all of them, I don’t think Neville’s going to be the one with a drinking problem in the next Prophet."